Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Woland
New Contributor

Problem with FortiAP 321c set up

Hi everyone,

Perhaps somebody has the same problem or know how to deal with it. I have a used FortiAP 321c. I also have FortiKey and registered device in FortiCloud. It should be connected directly to the Ethernet. To set up the connection, router need to remember the username and password of the network. I tried to find such options, but without any result.
It doesn’t work through Wi-Fi too. When it is connected to the Ethernet at first, all indicators are becoming green, after that LAN indicator is still green, but the Wi-Fi is turning for another 15–20 seconds yellow, and then stops gloving. Wi-Fi can’t be found by searching. So, I can’t set it up all.

Could you please help us to set up this router and the Wi-Fi connection through it?

Thank you in advance.

28 REPLIES 28
gfleming
Staff
Staff

FortiAP 321c is not a router it is just an AP. If you plug it in to an existing network using ethernet it should receive a DHCP address. Using that IP you can SSH or HTTPS to the FortiAP and make the config changes you need. Refer to the quick start guide for more info: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/hardware/fortiap-321c-quickstart-guide?model=all

If you cannot connect to the AP using IP address then you might need to reset it to factory defaults. There's a small reset button on the AP that you can push down for 10 seconds to reset to factory defaults.

Cheers,
Graham
Woland
New Contributor

Thank you for advice. 

I also have found this instruction.

But the problem is, i can't set it via 192.168.1.2 (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT). The same problem with the IP of the local network. That is actually a one of the main problems. 

gfleming

Have you tried resetting it using the reset button?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

Yes, of course. Nothing changed. 

gfleming

So the AP receives 192.168.1.2 from the DHCP server on your network? How are you confirming its address?

Does it respond on HTTP or HTTPS?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

Thank you for supporting me! I’m sorry, I was out of here for a while because of some reasons. But I also tried to set up the device on other networks. Well, I finally reached the Admin menu with IP  192.168.1.102 on another network. On the previous one, it still doesn’t work. But I still can't log in. I have reset FortiAP. So, the user name is now admin without a password. It confirmed this name and password and for 1 second I saw the admin menu of FortiAP 321c, but after that, it automatically returned me to the login page. And that’s all. It happens all the time. I tried to do it on 2 different networks, different laptops, browsers, also smartphones, and tablets. the same situation all the time. On mobile devices, I see the blank white page, and on laptops, it’s returning me to the login page.

Thank you again,

Serge

gfleming

What about SSH can you login that way?

Cheers,
Graham
Woland

No. Every time appears "Connection failed. FlowSocketConnector: Failed to connect to target address. Windows error 10060." Firewall, antivirus, and other programs, that could somehow influence or bloc connection are turned off. If honest, I'm not sure, that it will work. 

Best wishes,

Serge

gfleming

I googled that error message and it sounds related to a web proxy error. Do you have web proxy on your network?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors