Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Problem with Avaya IP Office connection over VPN

Hi, I have a problem to connect an IPOffice (avaya VoIP) throuhg a VPN tunnel between tow Fortigates 60. I can send all data traffic through VPN, but when we try to connect VoIP nothing hapen and IPOffice' s didn' t see each other. If someone have a suggestion I will really appreciate the help....
5 REPLIES 5
Adrian_Lewis
Contributor

Have you set a default gateway on the IP office units? (Sorry if this is condescending). Are they on the same vlan as the data path? If on a different VLAN, they probably have different IP addresses so you need to look at the policies (and routing between vlans). With this much information it is almost impossible to say what' s wrong!

That is a good cuestion.... I know the IP to the IPOffice and is in the same LAN like a FTG60 (192.168.0.1 FTG60---- 192.168.0.254 IPOffice) But I can' t see the default gateway of IPOffice because the Avaya people didn' t show me (of course I asked for it). Another important point is that they have the LAN behind the IPOffice with another addresses (128.50.2.0) and the default gateway for all stations is the same IPOffice... so I made some static routes in the FTG60 like a (Source 128.50.2.0 -- Gateway 192.168.0.254 --- Internal) at their request.. So I' m afraid that might be the problem..

I was working with the Avaya' s people... ([:' (]), They show me the gateway and is correct (is the internal FTG60). I' m used the Fortinet' s sniffer to check the traffic between IPOffices... I saw some negotation between them but no more... The final point (extrage) is the calls from point B can be to point A but the calls from point A never go to point B .... it lost.
Not applicable

First you have to go back to MR4. Fortinet has not fixed a problem with h323 and h245
Not applicable

ok I' ll try.... Thanks
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors