Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CaoBao
New Contributor

Problem with Application Control when allow viber

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with application control on fortigate firewall when allow viber.

I have one rule allow with all des and all service, filter with application control and web filter. Application control allow viber and web filter only allow some website. When use this rule, user only chat viber and can't send image to other user. Please help me to fix this error.

Thanks everyone.

4 REPLIES 4
lyubomir_traykov
New Contributor

Hello, i am having the same problem. Did you find a way to solve it.

itguys
New Contributor

Still no solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem when trying to allow Viber using the application security profile.

aaron_ja_maw
New Contributor

Well, I had the same problem too. But, you can solve it by adding SSL from Network.Services Category in Application Override, then allow it. The drawback is it when you allow it, VPNs will be able to use and bypass the restrictions. Hope, it's helpful.

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Most application control profiles will require SSL Deep Inspection to work properly. You can see for the details of Viber it uses some unencrypted protocols (HTTP) and some encrypted (SSL). Without SSL Deep Inspection, Application Control will only see the unencrypted protocols for Viber and everything else will just be seen as "SSL". This is why the other user made it work by setting application override for SSL. This is not what you want to do tho as it will introduce other issues becuase a lot of things use SSL.

gfleming_0-1676050315484.png

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors