Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Problem when trying to uninstall FortiClient

Hi all, I installed FortiClient 3.0.142 on my computer (windows 7 SP1) by mistake (not registrered). I thought it was a control panel for the Fortigate router I have. I can' t use Internet Explorer anymore and I can' t manage to uninstall it. When I use the Windows uninstall menu, the InstallShield wizard is launched but after a couple of clics I have this message : " FortiClient cannot be uninstalled right now because it has been locked down by the network administrator. To uninstall, you must first unlock FortiClient via the ' Unlock' button on the General tab." The only problem is that when I launch FortiClient, I don' t have any ' Unlock' button on the main tab. I' m stuck here ... Anyone have encountered this problem ? And by the way, have a solution ? Thank you in advance. GP
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Right clicking on the tray item (by clock), choose run as administrator, you should find the unlock under general/status ... however, by default it doesn' t lock settings (you would' ve had to explicitly locked it) so it may just be a matter of running it as administrator using the right click method. On a related note, if you don' t run as administrator, you can only import vpz. As admin vpz and vpl files can be manipulated.
Not applicable

Hi Bob, Thank you for your reply. I' m running under windows 7 and I launched forticlient with the admin right. I also tryed with XP compatibility mode. Under General/Status, I only have a single button " enter licence key" (check attached gif). I just installed FortiClient, I don' t remember explicitly locking it. Best regards, GP
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors