Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LearningFortinet
New Contributor

Problem in connecting HP Aruba switch to FortiSwirch.

Hello everyone, 

I am having an issue for connecting HP Aruba switch to FortiSwirch, traffic is not passing from Servers to firewall (unbale to ping subnets' gateways "Firewall IP) and vice versa, I think I am missing something. I have just started working with FortiNet devices, I would appreciate and remain thankful if anyone can help me in this or guide me in a right direction :)

Ports connectivity details – HP Aruba switch:

Port A1 – Fiber connection from HP Blade server to HP Aruba switch on port A1

Port A2 -  Fiber connection from HP Blade server to HP Aruba switch on port A1

Port 5 – iLO Ethernet connection from HP Blade server to HP Aruba switch on port 5

Port 48 – Ethernet connection (uplink) from Fortinet switch’s port 24 to HP Aruba switch to 48.  

Ports connectivity details – FortiSwitch:

Port 24 - Ethernet connection (downlink) from HP Aruba switch to Fortinet switch’s port 24.  

Port 23 - Ethernet connection (Uplink) from Fortinet switch’s port 23 to FortiGate port 12.  

Ports connectivity details – FortiSwitch:

WAN 1 – This interface has public IP and connected to Internet device/gateway that has a public IP

Port 12 - Ethernet connection (Downlink) from FortGate port 12 to FortiSwitch port 23.  

LearningFortinet_0-1670266037417.png

2 REPLIES 2
distillednetwork
Contributor III

Are you using vlans on your Aruba Switch?  if not you will want to make sure that port 24 has the vlan that you have setup on the FortiGate for this server programmed as the Native VLAN.  If you have multiple vlans, make sure the vlan configuration on the Aruba port 48 matches that of the fortiswitch port 24.

Also, you said you have two fiber connections to the Aruba switch.  Are these redundant interfaces or are you setting up a Linkagg of some kind?  If it's a linkagg you will want to verify that is coming up first.  

LearningFortinet

Thank you distillednetwork for taking time and answering/helping, I will recheck all as you guided and get back to you. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors