Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gaznaran
New Contributor

Problem Internet conecction Forti - EMS

hi, i have 2 problems with my forticlient app and EMS server.

The first problem is that several notebooks lose internet connectivity from the browser while the app is active. The only way to recover connectivity is by deactivating the app.

The second problem is that the forticlient app remains in an error state in the fa_sheluder service and I can't uninstall it, I haven't found a method to uninstall it.

Any idea ?

7 REPLIES 7
gfleming
Staff
Staff

What version of EMS and what version of FortiClient? What OS and version are your endpoints running?

Cheers,
Graham
gaznaran

Version Forticlient: 7.0.7.0345

Version EMS: 7.0.7 build 0398
Endpoint: Windows 10 pro 64bit.

Can you helpme to find other way to unistall forticlient app ? Thanks.

gaznaran
New Contributor

Version Forticlient: 7.0.7.0345
Version EMS: 7.0.7 build 0398

EndPoints: Windows 10 Pro 64Bits

Can you help me to unistall the forti ? with other way ? Not from the panel control? Thanks

btan
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You can get the FCRemove tool to uninstall problematic FCT.

1. Download FCRemove.exe tool from the support.fortinet.com website (Support > Firmware Download > FortiClient > Download > Navigate to 7.0.7 > click on HTTPS next to the FortiClientTools)
2. Unzip the file and locate the FCRemove.exe tool under Utils folder
3. Put the tool somewhere within the file system (Desktop, temp, etc)
4. Boot the machine in the Safe Mode:
- open Run command prompt and enter msconfig
- click on the Boot tab and check the Safe Boot box
- hit Ok and restart the machine
5. When booted into the Safe mode, open the Windows command line as Administrator
6. Run FCRemove.exe
May need 10 minutes. After 10 min, check  if the folder path"C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient" is removed
7. When FortiClient gets deleted, repeat the steps outlined in step 4 but this time uncheck the Safe Mode box
8. Reboot the machine
Regards,
Bon
gaznaran
New Contributor

Hello, unfortunately I have not been able to carry out these steps yet since the critical servers are the ones with the fault.

Regarding when the notebooks lose internet connection, the only way I have found a solution is to disconnect it and reconnect to EMS from the client app.

I have the log in debug mode at the time the problem occurs, can I share it with you? I need to fix this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

btan

Hello,

I'd suggest to raise a FortiCare ticket to us to investigate. Please note that we will need Diagnostic_Result from Diagnostic Tool, not the general logs from 'export logs' button.

Regards,
Bon
Johnharper
New Contributor III

If you are experiencing problems with your internet connection on FortiEMS, there are several things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the FortiEMS network settings: Ensure that the FortiEMS network settings are configured correctly, including the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.

Check the DNS settings: Verify that the DNS settings are correctly configured on the FortiEMS server, including the primary and secondary DNS servers.

Check the network connection: Verify that the FortiEMS server is connected to the network and that the network cable is securely plugged in.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors