Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
XavierAlpha
New Contributor

Problem ISSUE SSID

Hi, I have a problem with a Fortigate 81F concerning the configuration of my wifi terminals. In the list of SSIDs, I created an SSID in tunnel mode by mistake. by wanting to delete it,

This is no longer possible, the option is grayed out. I tried to create a priority SSID in AP mode as I wanted basic, But the fortigate does not send the confirmation to the terminals and seems to be blocked by this famous SSID tunnel. I'm looking for a way to remove this SSID without reconfiguring my entire firewall after reset. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SJFriedl
New Contributor II

XavierAlpha wrote:

I'm looking for a way to remove this SSID without reconfiguring my entire firewall after reset.

In the right column of that image you see a "1" - this is the number of references to this SSID found elsewhere in the Fortigate; you can't delete a resource if any *other* resources point to it.

Click the "1" and it will show you what's referring to it, though it's often presented in a confusing way.

But that's the reason.

SJFriedl
New Contributor II

XavierAlpha wrote:

I'm looking for a way to remove this SSID without reconfiguring my entire firewall after reset.

Wow, just pasting an image into a message doesn't work very well here.

Look in the right column of that SSID, you'll see a "1" as a link: this identifies how many *other* places in the firewall refer to this SSID, and you can't delete something if other resources point to it.

Click the "1" to find out what's still referring to the SSID, hunt it down and delete it, then you can delete the SSID.

XavierAlpha

Hello, Thank you for your reply. Indeed I start in the fortinet and I learn their logic. Not being a definitive configuration I allowed myself to post a screen indeed. I was finally able to remove it by disabling all functions in the SSID. Thank you for your reply.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors