Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
luca115
New Contributor

Problem Forticlient on android 12

Hello everybody. I have some problems with FortiClient (7.0.2.0031) on Android 12.
Before upgrading to Android 12, FortiClient was working fine.
Now FortiClient connects to the server (ssl vpn), it gives me a remote address and a local address, the current session time works but immediately after that it disconnects as soon as I open any app.

How can I solve the problem?

Same settings on my laptop works.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
tthrilok
Staff
Staff

Hi Luca,

I understand you are having issue with Forticlient 7.0.2.0031 since the upgrade of the Android to 12. You are seeing the VPN connects and immediately disconnects as soon as you open any other application. 

+ Could you confirm if the VPN stays connected if you are not opening any other application.

+ When the user connects or disconnects, you should be able to see the logs in Log&Report>Events>VPN, could you please confirm what is the log saying

luca115

Hi Tthrilok
thanks a lot for answer.
1) Yes, i confirm.
2) i didn't found logs menu. I attach screenshot about my forticlient's settings.Screenshot_2022-08-24-11-13-05-74_06271eee2b052e6c3fc4b8b21b319f63.jpg

luca115

Can you help me, please?

TimD
New Contributor

Same issue here, downgraded to Android 11 and it was working. To bad my phone update itself and now VPN is not working anymore. 

contacted Fortinet Support and i can't get support because Forticlient Free is for comunnity support!

Does anyone have a solution.

I have tried to change the battery settings for the app, allow run in background. does not work....

When i stay in the app the connection stays longer online

IT Manager
IT Manager
luca115
New Contributor

TimD did you find the solution?

TimD
New Contributor

Hi Luca115,

No found no solution, what I noticed when i connect to the VPN and do not close the screen it stays connected. When I jump to an other app and not close the app to the background most times it stays connected. when i whipe the app to the background it close the connection.

IT Manager
IT Manager
JaydonArcher
New Contributor

Either Forticlinent is still not optimized for Android 12, or the OS is unstable. My Forticlient doesn’t work too, actually. Guess we should look for a solution on ข่าว IT. Btw, I have a friend who works as a news editor. Mostly he and his teams write about Android-related news, so I guess they could help us. I’ll ask him and let you know as soon as I get his reply. At least, we should give it a shot. Btw, guys, it’s been a long time since you started this thread. Haven’t you found a solution yet?

TimD
New Contributor

On Android 13 same issue, im using Apple iPAD Air 5 now to work on, no problems at all.

To bad i Need to carry all the time an extra device with me for remote support.

IT Manager
IT Manager
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors