Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
merasil
New Contributor

Printing out all Firewall Rules

Hi there,

currently we are updating to Version 5.4. We ran into an issue which i think cant be solved on my own. With 5.2 we had a possibility to print out all Firewall Rules to PDF by using the noscript addon for firefox. Now this isnt working anymore so i have to look for another solution.

Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution for this?

Greetings

merasil

7 REPLIES 7
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

You could back up the config and print the relevant section "config firewall policy". IMHO the most comprehensive and complete documentation but not necessarily the most appealing layout.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
neonbit
Valued Contributor

There are third party solutions like Firmon that can make it pretty.

Another way is to load up a FortiManager trial VM, import the policies there and export as a csv file.

merasil
New Contributor

Yeah we got the FortiManager and i already tried to export the rules to csv and import it as data to excel. One minor Problem is that it will export all columns and not only those we have selected. This wouldnt be so bad if i could select the seperator by myself... the comma is pretty anoying since we got commas in our comments section. So the whole csv file gets corrupted :(

hervaltelecom

You can manage a configured Fortigate and import its policies. And rename the imported policy and later adding more Fortigates to it.

merasil

sorry i didnt get that. English is not my mother language..

jimmy_prof
New Contributor

Can you please tell me which type of firewall you have?

If you're using FortiGate 60 you can simply download an FireShot and make an Screenshot of the whole page.

Best regards

Jimmy

merasil

we got a wide variety of models. Down from 60 up to 3000.

*EDIT*

So i tried out fireshot and it works pretty good for printing out firewalls with just a few rules....

But we also got a lot FWs where we have so much rules, that fireshot runs out of ram (i guess its limited by the 2GB limit of 32Bit Programms.. i got 32GB RAM and more than enough free space)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors