Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hood_MD
New Contributor

Printing Over ZTNA Proxy

Hi All, 

I'd like to preface by saying that I'm running FortiOS 7.4.5 and FortiClient EMS 7.4.0

As the Title suggests, I'm attempting to allow users to connect to in office printers over ZTNA proxy. This is the client ask, and I'm not entirely sure if it's feasible yet. The printers are connected to a windows print server.

Would I need to open up line of sight to the individual printers, or could I just open ports to the print server itself. Currently, I have 445 open to the print server, so I can see the shared printers, however I'm not able to install them.

Any feedback or information would be helpful.

Thank you

Network & Systems Engineer
Network & Systems Engineer
3 REPLIES 3
peisenberg
Staff
Staff

depends on printer but Maybe you can use port 9100 raw printing ? 

TAC
shadamon5
Visitor

You would have to install cloudflared on a computer running at the same location as the printer and set it up so it has a mapping to the IP and port of the printer. But if your workstation is on a subnet that overlaps the subnet where the printer is, you’re going to run into issues.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Hood

Does it require only port 445?

That is the question.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors