Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DanSufrin
New Contributor

Pre sales advice needed Please

I have a home user with a 300Mbps Internet connection that is used by 10-15 people, there are several aideo streaming devices and Sonos.  The end user is obsessed with checking the speed so I need a Fortigate that will do web filtering for the kids PCs but not for the adults and allow the full 300Mbps throughput.

Will the 60E or 90E be able to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Markus
Valued Contributor

It depends If you really do only Web Filtering (are you sure?), the 60E is quite good enought. For Threat Protection both doesn't allow 300Mbps.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/Fortinet_Product_Matrix.pdf

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

I have 300 meg internet at the house running on a 61E with no issue. Approximately 12 devices behind it. More when friends come over.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Alby23
Contributor II

60E is surely better than a 90E for this scenario.

If you want to cover all 300Mbps with threat protection throughput you should get a 200E but I doubt that that customer really need it.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors