Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
msayad
New Contributor

Port forwarding on FortiGate 60D

Hi all,

I'm new to fortigate, this is my first time setting up port forwarding on fortigate routers 60D.

I have created 2 VIPs to forward ports 85 and 37777 to a specific internal IP address, then created 2 group VIPs, create the services and then added the firewall rules. However, when I try to verify or the ports, I get ports are closed.

Configuration attached

1 Solution
moby
Contributor

Hi,

Please try this  - -delete your firewall policies for this traffic and then delete the VIP's. Then re-create your VIP's and select "External Interface = WAN1" when you re-create your VIP's.

Then re-create your policies again and re-test. If that still does not work then try doing a debug flow of the traffic and post the results.

diag debug enable

diag debug flow filter daddr x.x.x.x  (where daddr is the public IP of your VIP)

diag debug flow show console enable

diag debug flow trace start 50

Moby

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
moby
Contributor

Hi,

Please try this  - -delete your firewall policies for this traffic and then delete the VIP's. Then re-create your VIP's and select "External Interface = WAN1" when you re-create your VIP's.

Then re-create your policies again and re-test. If that still does not work then try doing a debug flow of the traffic and post the results.

diag debug enable

diag debug flow filter daddr x.x.x.x  (where daddr is the public IP of your VIP)

diag debug flow show console enable

diag debug flow trace start 50

Moby

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors