Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kedare
New Contributor

Poor wireless performance on 60C

Hello, I have an Issue with my Fortiwifi 60C, wireless performances are just horrible, with Wifi N (at 2.4Ghz), without any filter (permit everything, no utm, no ips, no av, no logging), I never get something better than 1.7MB/s (to a local server on the internal interface)... It' s just unusable. What can be the cause of this ? How to fix this ? I' m running FortiOS 4 MR 3 patch 8. CPU gets really high when I try to transfer something between internal interface and wireless interface. Switching from AES+TKIP to AES and disable Rogue detection improved speed up to 2.5MB/s Here are the 2 most consumming process during data transfer:
         cw_wtpd      597      R      34.8     3.6
           cw_acd       85      S      33.8     3.9
4 REPLIES 4
Rucha_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Are you using the local wifi radio to the test and what kind of traffic are you sending TCP, UDP? While sending the traffic is the CPU usage for cw_wtpd and cw_acd very high? Rucha.
Kedare
New Contributor

Hello, I' m using the local wifi radio. I test the transfer speed using TCP (CIFS/SMB) connections.
selvam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Please try using 5Ghz. FortiOS 5.0 has wifi performance improvement for local Radio. You need to enroll for Beta program to try FortiOS 5.0. In WFA testing, FWF60C performaced very well with throughput of more than 80Mbps.
RaviR_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Which client are you using for the test ? What is the connectivity speed and signal strength ? Please check for interferences in 2.4 Ghz, like cordless phones etc
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors