Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Zdenek1
New Contributor II

Pool member availability "init"

Hi, I have configured pool with pool member, used default http monitor, but I see the pool member availability is "init", it's in this state for more than 20 minutes, anyone knows the reason for this?

Thanks

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Zdenek1 ,

Have you used the relevant pool in any virtual server configuration? If you haven't linked it, you need to link it. FortiADC starts checking the relevant pool after the association.

• New real server pool member availability status "INIT" — This status indicates that 1) the real server status is enabled, 2) the health check status is enabled for the pool member, and 3) the real server pool is not associated with a virtual server (which means the real server pool is either not used in a virtual server or it is used in a disabled virtual server).

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Zdenek1 ,

Have you used the relevant pool in any virtual server configuration? If you haven't linked it, you need to link it. FortiADC starts checking the relevant pool after the association.

• New real server pool member availability status "INIT" — This status indicates that 1) the real server status is enabled, 2) the health check status is enabled for the pool member, and 3) the real server pool is not associated with a virtual server (which means the real server pool is either not used in a virtual server or it is used in a disabled virtual server).

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Zdenek1
New Contributor II

Hi, yes it is a root cause. I don't understand the logic behind, why it cannot show the status immediately.., but thanks for prompt help, appreciate it :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors