Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ingramatics
New Contributor II

Polycom IP 450 / Grandstream GXP1630 Setup Fortivoice 40

Has anyone been able to get a phone like this registered to a Fortivoice 40?  Also, same with a Grandstream gxp1630.  I am not able to register either.  Any help is appreciated..

1 Solution
ingramatics

Finally figured it out!   These phone have a web interface to configure and under the server info for SIP, there is a Transport field and when I selected UDPonly, it registered!    That was definitely not what it defaulted to.    Thanks for everyone's help..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ingramatics, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello @ingramatics ,

Thank you for reaching us.

Fortivoice 40 is an old device and it is out of order and it will be end of support on coming August. The replacement device is 20E.

Generally all Fortivoice devices are supporting standard SIP. So it suppose will work with Polycom and GrandStream as they are SIP standard as well.

You may try to configured the extension with Device Type "Generic" not "FortiFone".

Then you can manually configure the phones with Fortivoice SIP IP, Extension number, SIP password and port 5060 UDP/TCP.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further inquiries.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
ingramatics

I've never had any problems with other Polycom units but trying to get a IP550 connected and I can not get the line registered.  Using the phone web interface I configure the SIP server with the IP and port 5060.  Nothing configured on Outbound proxy or line identification.  Ive tried both setting manufacture as Polycom and other and insert the user id and pw in the line ID section on the web.  Can not get it registered.  Seems like it should work..

melshehaby

Hello @ingramatics 

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, I would suggest to open a support ticket from support.fortinet.com to troubleshoot the issue with the TAC team.

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
ingramatics

Finally figured it out!   These phone have a web interface to configure and under the server info for SIP, there is a Transport field and when I selected UDPonly, it registered!    That was definitely not what it defaulted to.    Thanks for everyone's help..

melshehaby

Hello @ingramatics 

I am happy to hear that you are able to connect the phones now.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further inquiries.

Best Regards,
Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors