Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IT4Geeks
New Contributor

Policy route not being ignored if wan interface is down

Hi We have a problem using policy routes in our FG100D. We have 2 wan links, with static routes, same distance and priority We are using policy route to pass traffic from one of our LAN IP via wan2. Everything is fine until here. When we put the wan2 administrative status to down manually, the policy route always tries to route the traffic via wan2. According to this document: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb....do?externalID=100116, if the interface is down, the policy route should be ignored, but the fortigate is not ignoring it, and tries always to route traffic via wan2. We are only using 1 policy route. I use the same scenario in other other devices like 90D and 300C, but it is not working in this device with 100D. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
FGFan
New Contributor

You should change distance of static route to Wan1 lower than Wan2, keep policy route to Wan2, and then try again!

IT4Geeks
New Contributor

That does not work. I tried that already.

The fortigate is not ignoring the policy route when wan2 is down. I put it down manual, not automatic

IT4Geeks

Just to update this thread, this issue was fixed in FortiOS 5.4.1

I knew that i were doing the right things

Bug id: 354454 - Policy routing table is not updated when the WAN interface is disconnected

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors