Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wesoley
New Contributor

Policy route and wan-load-balance [Solved]

Hello,I have 3 WAN links which I placed into the wan-load-balance virtual link.

However, I created a policy route to route VPN traffic based on destination over WAN 1.

However, when I create a default policy route source (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0) - destination (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0), I am unable to select the wan-load-balance virtual link for internet traffic. I can only select one of the other WAN ports. Is this a bug?

Additionally, I have a static default route 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 out the wan-load-balance link.

I know the policy route is processed before the static routes, however, the default static route (wan-load-balance virtual link) is not been processed as I only see the connection going out 1 WAN link.

Any thoughts on this?

2 REPLIES 2
Wesoley
New Contributor

Ok. I managed to solve part of the problem by creating static routes to the site to site VPN ips and specifying the WAN 1 interface.

However, the default route is still to the wan-load-balance interface, but all outgoing connections seem to still use WAN 1 instead of the other 2 links in the bundle. When I check the routing monitor, the default route points to WAN 1 ip.

Any thoughts on solving this?

Wesoley
New Contributor

I got it working. The engineer I was helping out placed the wrong probe server therefore only 1 static route was showing. I modified the probe server in the WAN balancing and all 3 default routes are now active.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors