Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FixUntilBroken
New Contributor

Policy Violations in 'Log View"

FortiManager-VM64 v7.0.3 GA build0254
Log View... Traffic
I notice many "Policy Violations" from china.
Is this just standard "door knocking" on Telnet ports that I can ignore or is it symptom of more serious problem?

China!.png

JimmyG
JimmyG
1 Solution
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @FixUntilBroken 

This does appear to be the source IP trying to perform a connection attempt to your FortiGate. However, the respective connection was denied/dropped by the policy configuration, that said, the traffic did not go through the FortiGate. Nevertheless, I would still suggest that you turn off unnecessary service on the WAN IP.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @FixUntilBroken 

This does appear to be the source IP trying to perform a connection attempt to your FortiGate. However, the respective connection was denied/dropped by the policy configuration, that said, the traffic did not go through the FortiGate. Nevertheless, I would still suggest that you turn off unnecessary service on the WAN IP.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
anushty
New Contributor II

nice post like it

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors