Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ellyas
New Contributor

Policy Install Wizard VS Re-Install Function In ADOM

Hello all.

Previously I had encounter a problem to install a policy package in ADOM via Fortimanager. When I right clicked at the policy package and clicked Install (Wizard), below error pops up:

"The following ADOM interfaces have no mapping. All ADOM Interfaces should be mapped before continue with installation."

However when I clicked at Re-Install, the policy package successfully installed. I would like to know:

1. What are the mappings mentioned in the error message?

2. What is the difference in functionality/features between Install (Wizard) and Re-Install?

3. What might be the reason that error message came up when clicking at Install (Wizard)?

Appreciate some feedback and input.

Thanks & regards,

Ellyas.

4 REPLIES 4
Ellyas
New Contributor

Greetings,

Hello all. Anyone could assist me in answering my inquiry? Appreciate the help.

Thanks & regards,

Ellyas.

Ellyas
New Contributor

Hello Simon,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for the detailed explanation, appreciate it.

Thanks & Regards,

Ellyas.

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Ellyas,

for ADOM policy interface, if you create a new interface and used in a policy, when install to FGT, FMG will try to find its mapped device interface first, if can not find, then FMG will display a warning in policy install wizard, and ask you to do the mapping before you can continue for the install

for re-install, it is a quick install and FMG will try as best efforts and for policy missing interface mapping, FMG will skip that policy for the install and you should find a warning message in the task monitor history for that skipped policy

Thanks

Simon

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

in 5.2.2, for re-install, FMG added a install preview in the popup, so will also show you the mapping issue there, see attached pic for compare between 5.0.11 and 5.2.2

in 5.2.3 (not yet released), FMG will add a filter so for new interface without device mapping (or without default name config), will not display for policy config

Thanks

Simon

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors