Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Xrayhead
New Contributor

Policy Import Wizard

Hi, I have a Fortimanager that I need to pull the configuration from a Fortigate firewall. The Policy has already been pulled to the manager once before but changes have been made on the FortiGate Firewall (Policy, IP Pools and Static routes have been changed/added).

I have to send a quide out to some admin staff on how to get the latest configuration onto the Fortimanager so it's synced correctly.  I've looked through lots of the documentation and it's not clear if the manager will alter the Firewall at any stage. 

I have run the wizard a couple of times but get warning messages when running the Policy Import Wizard. Also do I overwrite the present policy on the Manager (it's out of date now due to changes added to firewall). 

I'm following page 98 here: http://docs.fortinet.com/...ministration-Guide.pdf

Import everything bellow (there has been changes made to Static routes, IP Pools and Policy's)?

- Interface maps

- Policy databases

- Objects

They are also complaining of a message asking them to lock a device? I'm asking for more information on that.

Any help would be much appreciated at this stage, thanks..

1 REPLY 1
hklb
Contributor II

Hello,

The routes are synchronize automatically (all the things in device part are synch automatically), and you just have to do an "import policy" to have the new firewall policy on your fortimanager

If you have a message to lock the ADOM, you have to lock the ADOM to change anythink in policy (you are in workspace "normal" I think)

You can't import the interface mapping, because it's a configuration in fortimanager...

I you don't do a "install policy" or "install device", there is no risk to change the Fortigate device.

I hope it's help, but I'm not sure I understand your issue.....

Lucas

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors