Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leonardomothe
New Contributor

Policy ID does not appear

Atualizei o fw 100f para a versão 7.2.2 e o ID Policy não aparece, pode ajudar?

leonardomothe_0-1669039375923.png

leonardomothe_1-1669039495508.png

Obrigado 

8 REPLIES 8
distillednetwork
Contributor III

Sorry, I do not speak Spanish, but hopefully, you can understand.  

Make sure your policy has a name on it and is not blank.  Here is a similar question:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/Policy-ID-is-missing-Log-amp-Report-FortiOS-7-2-1/m...

leonardomothe

I already saw this post, but I don't have the solution

distillednetwork

Is the Policy ID missing for all logs or just some?

You can check this one to make sure it has a name by doing:

config firewall policy

show | grep -f <UUID in logs>

Make sure that it has a name set.

leonardomothe

All logs 

leonardomothe_0-1669043987229.png

leonardomothe

?

distillednetwork

As long as your policies have names, I am not sure what would cause them all to not show up.  

Do you have FortiAnalyzer, if so do they show up wrong there?  

I would recommend opening a case with tac for them to review.  May need to file a bug if it is a GUI issue.

leonardomothe

Before upgrading to this 7.2.2 version, I was using 6.4.6 and didn't have this problem.

I don't have a name in the policies, I always consulted by the policy ID.

In this firewall I don't have the analyzer, but in the other firewall 500e I have the analyzer and it is having the same problem, this after the firmware update.

Follows the image of the 500e with analyzer

leonardomothe_0-1669135521152.png

In the link you shared above, you also don't have the solution

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/Policy-ID-is-missing-Log-amp-Report-FortiOS-7-2-1/m...

distillednetwork

I believe in the new version you need to have a name for the policy and then it will show up in the logs with the policy ID.  I am not sure if this is a bug they are working on or not, but in mine running 7.2 I have policy names and in the logs I see ID: policy name (policy id #)

You could always open a TAC case to investigate if its a known bug or a feature change.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors