Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Balazs
New Contributor

Pick the proper fortigate OS

Dear All,

Can you please help me chosing the proper os version for 201F cluster? We are going to use base funcionalities, no VPN, dynamic routing.

Basic inspection/Sec/NAT policy for the first shot.

Thanks a lot in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
adambomb1219
Contributor III

The latest version of 7.0

sagha
Staff
Staff

Hi Balazs, 

The selection of FOS is usually based on the requirements or features you are going to use. 

The latest version is 7.2

I would suggest going through the release notes that highlight any known issues. If there are known issues that are pointing at the feature you are going to use on the FortiGate, you can check if this is resolved in the next available version. 

Release notes for 7.2.3: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/fortios-release-notes/760203/introduction-and-sup...

Thank you. 

Shahan 

abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi

agree with adambomb1219 , today is 7.0.9 version.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Cajuntank
Contributor II

Just to throw my 2 cents in as well. You will also see next to the firmware, under release type, Feature or Mature for 7.0 and 7.2 code base. There is no Mature release yet for 7.2; whereas there is for 7.0; and like others have mentioned, that is 7.0.9. I think they started this Mature and Feature designation with 7.2, but since 7.0 is now up to rev 9, it is classified Mature.

"A release that contains new features also brings with it a greater chance of new bugs. Therefore, these releases are less suitable for use on production systems. Mature releases, on the other hand, contain more bug fixes and rather fewer new features and are therefore also to be regarded as more stable."--some blog I read.

Balazs
New Contributor

Thank you all for your replies!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors