Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NeoRant
Contributor

Personal email quarantine release

Hey TEAM,

I will try to be clear as I can. My manager wants personal quarantine emails (that are passed as clean) to be automatically released to recipients/staff inbox(exchange)over a particular retention period e.g. 5 days.

I told him the only way that I am aware of users releasing their own mails is via quarantine reports -  https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.4.2/administration-guide/907026/managing-the-quaranti... My inspection rules are working perfectly, spam reduced SIGNIFCANTLY in my environment, I have full control of inbound mails. I am also manually releasing quarantine mails for staff, not daily, but from time to time, this can be a bit of an overhead though. I suggested to him the quarantine report/release method, but he does not want that method lol.

Can he get his wish and if yes, how can this be done?

I welcome all suggestions/feedback.

1 Solution
datorresv
New Contributor II

Hello Neo

The most feasible thing is to release mail through the quarantine report. You must consider that this release is the responsibility of the user and they must generate an awareness campaign.

Once the email is released, the sender's account will be placed on the whitelist of the user's mailbox, which will prevent emails from the same sender from falling into quarantine again.

Cheers

Diego

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
datorresv
New Contributor II

Hello Neo

The most feasible thing is to release mail through the quarantine report. You must consider that this release is the responsibility of the user and they must generate an awareness campaign.

Once the email is released, the sender's account will be placed on the whitelist of the user's mailbox, which will prevent emails from the same sender from falling into quarantine again.

Cheers

Diego

NeoRant

Hello Datorresv

Thank you for your input.

Cheers,

Neo

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors