Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dimak
New Contributor

Per-IP bandwidth widget in 5.2.1

Hi,

We have Fortigate 100D and recently we upgraded to 5.2.1

After the upgrade we don't have the "Per-IP Bandwidth" widget and we can't find any way (non even in the CLI) to see who is consuming most of the bandwidth.

Is there a way to get this feature back or any easy workaround?

it's kinda stupid for Fortinet to remove features in their upgrades, it feels more like a downgrade.

Please assist,

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

please don't cross-post in multiple forums. This will not get you more answers. Thank you.

Now to your question:

A quick search brings up this recent post: https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=112943

The per-IP bw widget can be installed in the CLI in version 5.x.

But in 5.2.x it's dropped completely in favor of the new FortiView page.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
dimak
New Contributor

Sorry for the multi post. wasn't sure where to place it.

The Fortiview doesn't show things like the current (live) bandwidth consumption or am i missing it there somewhere?

pcraponi

dimak wrote:

Sorry for the multi post. wasn't sure where to place it.

The Fortiview doesn't show things like the current (live) bandwidth consumption or am i missing it there somewhere?

FortiView with Source address can do better results that old Per-IP Widget... On Per-IP the device sum all session for the user. On Fortiview you can filter data between LAN -> Internet, for example.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
dimak
New Contributor

But i don't need the sessions, i want to know how much bandwidth is being used right now by an ip.

for example if people complain that the internet works slow and i see that their connection uses 100% of it's capacity so i need to know who consumes most of it, we have from time to time some users that try for example to download something big and i want to find them.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

dimak wrote:

But i don't need the sessions, i want to know how much bandwidth is being used right now by an ip. [...]

Not sure what you are requesting, but the Top Sessions sorted by bytes does give the bandwidth used per IP disregarding the number of sessions opened by each IP.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
dimak
New Contributor

I do understand what you show me. 

but what i mean is for example if we have a 30MB/s internet line, i want to see for example that 192.168.1.2 uses 7MB/s and 192.168.1.3 uses 12MB/s etc...

I want to prevent a scenario that one ip for example 192.168.1.5 uses 28MB/s and all the others have only 2MB/s left.

That's what we could see with the older widget but we can't find anything like it on the 5.2.1 version.

Paul_S
Contributor

I am having these same issues!! I want to figure out which IP is using all the bandwidth. Without the usage widget the fortiview does not appear to show this info. in the screenshot you shared it appears to show a counter for the session of total bytes sent/received, but not current bytes per second.

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x                   [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5  |  Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5 | Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+
jvarouxis
New Contributor

Dear All,

i have the same problem using the latest 5.2.2 on my 100D.

I have two inet lines diagrams and when i see a lot of incoming traffic i need to know who is using that specific time how much traffic. Not the session but the real traffic. Also another thing is that in All session view you cannot sort the all the columns.

If there is any way to be able to see in realtime the usage of the bandwidth would be much appreciated as i have a lot of rules from lan to wan and i am not feeling very well if i dont know exactly who is downloading what in my network.Also i have al ot of DMZ rules so it would be helpfull to have the incoming traffic ,where goes in order to trace and to use the correct traffic shapping or security rules correct.

Thanks in Advanced.

Paul_S
Contributor

There is not easy way to do this currently in 5.2.x. Closest thing is to use your FAZ top sources and set the time frame to 5 minutes.

Fortinet has acknowledge this issue. Based on much feedback, they will bring this feature back (probably as an improvement inside of FortiView area) in a future version. Probably version 5.4.x.

-Paul

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x                   [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5  |  Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5 | Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors