Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mwatkins
New Contributor II

PeerID between two fortigates

All of my sites are currently using Fortigates. My main site has a Fortigate 80F. If I look at my site to sites to my main site, I see a weird peer ID that I didn't set. I didn't define a peerID/Local ID at all on the tunnels. Has anybody ever encountered anything like this? If so, why does this happen? FortiGate 

1 Solution
mwatkins
New Contributor II

If anybody else encounters something like this, per Fortinet support this is a bug in tunnels between FortiGate's that converts your peer IP to ASCII text and puts it in the Peer ID field. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gfleming
Staff
Staff

It should be set using the "set localid" CLI option under the phase1-interface config.

Cheers,
Graham
asengar
Staff
Staff

Hi @mwatkins 

Kindly share the phase-1 configuration for any one the spoke tunnel for which you are seeing the weird peer id.

Can you confirm is the peer id seen is matching the local id ?

Thanks

@bhishek
parteeksharma

Hi Mwatkins,
Hope you are doing good.

Kindly let us know since when the issue started and the current fortios version running on. Also let us know if the peer id you are seeing is the ASCII code ?

Kindly share the phase-1 configuration of tunnel for which you are seeing the peer id and also the below command output:
#diagnose vpn ike gateway list name <name of the tunnel>

Regards,
Parteek

mwatkins
New Contributor II

If anybody else encounters something like this, per Fortinet support this is a bug in tunnels between FortiGate's that converts your peer IP to ASCII text and puts it in the Peer ID field. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What is the version?

Toshi

mwatkins

Currently on 7.2.4

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the info. Now your post might be useful to many others.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors