Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maik
New Contributor II

Password Complexity

Hi I was happy to read following enhancement: http://docs.fortinet.com/auth/3-0-0/FAC-3.0-What%27s-New.pdf Apply Complexity Settings on Randomly Generated Passwords Auto-generated passwords have previously been overly complicated, making login using mobile devices difficult. The ability to enforce password complexity has been implemented to allow administration cotnrol which character combinaction is used in the generation of random passwords. For me, it seems like the password policy applies only, if I increases the security of the passwords. For example, if I increase the minimum required password lenght to 15 characters, then it works perfectly. What I would like to have is the opposite: a less complex password. In an example I reduced the minimum password length to 4, the generated password I recieved contained still ten characters.
4 REPLIES 4
zlimmen
New Contributor

Hi Maik, did you find a solution to this? because i too need a solution on this, way too long password to type inn on a mobile phone. -Nils-
Maik
New Contributor II

did you find a solution to this
I opened a case and this was the answer: Currently this feature is not available. Please contact our sales channels to request this feature to be added in future releases. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Kind regards, Fortinet TAC Support
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

This should apply in both directions. I will have this tested today and will create a bug if this is the case.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

I have tested this and confirmed the behaviour. I believe we should adhere to what is configured in Authentication > User Account Policies > Passwords so I have raised a bug for this (Ref: 0224755)

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors