Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sailordog
New Contributor

Pantech uml290 4g

I have working setting for this USB modem 50B v4.0,build0639,120906 (MR3 Patch 10) config system modem set status enable set auto-dial enable set phone1 " *99***3#" set username1 " <phonenumber>@vzw4g.com" set passwd1 vzw end config system 3g-modem custom edit 1 set vendor " Generic" set model " GPRS" set product-id 3718 next end
4 REPLIES 4
david1
New Contributor

DId you use any kind of init string in the config? My modem goes into Connecting... status but never progresses from there.
tyk
New Contributor

I am using the same card with the following: config system 3g-modem custom edit 1 set vendor " Pantech" set model " UML290" set vendor-id 106c set product-id 3718 next end Under config system modem, I did not have to include a username or password. The phone is the same.
SteveRoadWarrior
New Contributor III

UML290 Just an update to this thread. If you' re running 5.0.5 you only need to change one value. The modem is detected properly on boot. Phone number must be *99***3# That' s it. Using #777 did not work for me. Also, adding an init string didn' t hurt, but when it removed it and rebooted, it still worked. Same with phone number (user ID) and password, they' re no longer required. Also tried a UML295 and the Hex Codes are: The Vendor = Pantech Model = UML295VW Vendor ID = 0x10a9 Product ID = 0x6064 These are the correct Hex codes for that model, I think. It will not dial though. I don' t need help on this, just an FYI. Opened a case and supposedly a bug is found and will be addressed.
pkley
New Contributor

I had issues getting this modem to work until I forced it to LTE only using the tool found here: http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/3492/64/ If 4G is weak though, I had to switch it to CDMA only. All of this has to be done with it plugged into a Windows PC. Anyone else have this problem?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors