Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Andrade_Narcis
New Contributor

Packet Capture from FortiSwitch 424 Switchport not Working

I'm attempting to obtain a packet capture directly from a switchport using the CLI . However, I'm not able to specify the interface (port1) when using the command: diag sniffer packet. Is there a command or another method that can be used to view traffic from a specific switchport interface?

The Switch firmware - FS1D24-v7.2.3-build0434.

Regards,

Andrade

4 REPLIES 4
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Standlone switch or managed by FortiGate?

Cheers,
Graham
Andrade_Narcis

It's managed by the Fortigate 

gfleming

I believe the best thing you can do in this case is using SPAN port to a host running wireshark or even to an empty port on the FortiGate and use sniffer there....

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/7.0.8/devices-managed-by-fortios/173278/configuring-f...

Cheers,
Graham
sanninka666

Looking for a safe and effective way to rejuvenate your skin? Aesthetics by Dr. G can help. Our Newport Beach medical spa offers TCA peels, a chemical peel treatment that can help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. By stimulating collagen production and promoting cell turnover, TCA peels can also improve skin texture and tone, leaving you with a smoother, more radiant complexion. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover how TCA peels can help you achieve your skin goals, here

Kakabu053
Kakabu053
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors