Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

PS2 Fan Alert

Have you ever had the system status thing alert to a PS2 fan issue? I looked at the unit (Fortigate 800C) and it appears as though all fans are on and blowing air. I am wondering if it is a false alert but it persists after reboot.

Running FW 5.0.9

How would you guys go about troubleshooting this?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
5 REPLIES 5
Warren_Olson_FTNT

This still seems worthy to open a support ticket on to have them do some in depth troubleshooting and possibly RMA the box. 

MikePruett

Warren_Olson_FTNT wrote:

This still seems worthy to open a support ticket on to have them do some in depth troubleshooting and possibly RMA the box. 

Yeah, that is about where I am at with it. Was hoping someone may have a solution to a known bug so I figured I would ask haha

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Christopher_McMullan

To add more perspective:

In the fall of 2013, a 600C for a ticket I was working on needed to be replaced since the monitoring firmware (distinct from FortiOS) was upgraded for newer batches of 600Cs shipped out, but in some cases the reporting firmware on certain hardware components (like, in this case, the PSUs) wasn't upgraded to match. This resulted in false positives for a failed power supply, and the unit went to RMA.

This may not always be the case, so to echo earlier comments, approaching TAC with the issue is the best way forward.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Mahmoud_Hassan

So Mr Christopher McMullan if we make upgrade and same alert happen is it due to uncomplete update and required another update or we send box to RMA

Christopher_McMullan

Best to open a ticket with TAC to make sure the unit received the monitoring update, but maybe didn't also have the PSUs updated at the same time. Depending on when the unit was shipped, the fix may have already been applied.

They'll be able to confirm either way.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors