Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SubHero
New Contributor

PPPoE with static IP

Hi all,

I have an issue currently, my office is subscribing broadband with PPPoE connection with add on of 1 static IP. But when I want to configure on my interface wan,it seem firewall cant get the IP.

I already put the static IP in unnumbered IP but seem no avail. Link Status and administrative status is up but the status is failed.

Not sure how to do this. I try to do nat but seems not workin.

5 REPLIES 5
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm we do that here by doing pppoe just as usuall without any special settings. Once the connection is set to static ip it gets static ip from our ISP.

The only other static lines we have do not do pppoe at all.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You can't set a static ip on a PPPoE interface. That's a dynamic ip same as in DHCP. Your ISP does the framed-address via the PPPoE authentication in RADIUS and attribute 8. You need to ensure the  PPPoE dialup NAS is set correctly to assign you your static ip address.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SubHero
New Contributor

means u only key in the id authentication and password without set your ip address in outnumbered ip?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

yes.

Either you have a completeley static setup without pppoe or your static ip is assigned by the ISP during pppoe handshake. So just enter credentials and no ip.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed the  ISP will provide your  static-address in the offer.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors