Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

PPPoE scheduled reconnect possible?

Hi, my customer asked me if it is possible to setup the Fortigate 80C to automaticaly reconnect the PPPoE connection at a specific time every day. The problem why the customer ask this is that the ISP reconnects the DSL-Line every 24h. But this happends not everyday at the same time and sometimes the reconnect happens while some data is transfered. To prevent this he wants to reconnect the PPPoE connection at late night. Is this possible with the Fortigate OS 4.0 ??? thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Citylight
New Contributor

Hi, I don' t know if it is possible to do a scheduled restart of the PPPoE connection. But you can restart the whole box every day at a specific time. You can configure that at the CLI. Citylight
Not applicable

Hi, i don´t know the cli command for that. do you have an example for this? Thank you
Citylight
New Contributor

Yes: config system global set daily-restart enable set restart-time 04:00 end In this example the box restarts daily at 4 am in the morning. Citylight
Not applicable

thats perfect thank you very much
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

fwiw , you shouldn' t have todo this. My home is tied down to a FWF60B and it always reconnect and re-negoiate it' s PPPoE connection if the ISP brings the session down or any work is done to the line.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Not applicable

thats right emnoc the pppoe session will reconnect immidiately after the disconnect of the ISP but the ISP reconnect the Line not everyday at the same time so the customer have the problem that the line will disconnect mid of the day when, for example, FTP sessions are running. He like to prevent this by reconnecting the line mid of the night when no data is transfered. regards
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors