Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
swmar
New Contributor

PPPoE issue

Dears,

could you please advise about the PPPoE issue that we are encountering with fortigate 500E.

it is taking long time to comes up.

i'm connecting the line through a switch, as i have two boxes in Active -Passive mode.

i.e the ADSL link is coming from the ONT to the switch then to the fortigate.

please advise if somebody has similar issue before, or if i need to change any parameter, as this issue is affecting the Fortigate cluster, and upon switch over, the PPPoE links is not coming up on the second box immediately.

your fast response is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

We don't have any HA cluster terminating PPPoE circuit so I can't tell from my experience. But did you read below KB notes the condition configuring PPPoE interface with HA cluster? It's described in HA handbook as well. That's only thing I know about PPPoE with HA.

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=10602

swmar

Thanks for your prompt support,

I have reviewed the link that you send, and yes i didn't configur the PPPoE until the cluster became up and running.

any other advise please?

Thank you. 

Toshi_Esumi

Is any other device other than those two FGs in the same broadcast domain connected to the switch between FGs and the ONT? What happens if you bypass the switch and move the cable from ONT between two FGs when you switch-over a-p at the same time, which would simulate the fail-over but without the switch.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors