Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

PPPoE Dial on demand

Hi, I' m looking for a way to use the wan interface as a PPPoE connection that will not be allways on. I need it in a " Dial on demand" configuration. Anyone knows a way to do it ? Thanks, Gil
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

any one ?
pcraponi
Contributor II

You read something on FortiOS Handbook? The field " Initial PADT Timeout" let you shutdown the PPPoE after a X timeout. When some user try to access the internet, the PPPoE will start (on demand) again. regards, Paulo Raponi?

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Not applicable

" The field " Initial PADT Timeout" let you shutdown the PPPoE after a X timeout" Hi pcraponi, I was thinking that this is some definition of the PPPoE negotiation. Are you sure it can do " Idle timeout disconnect" ? Have you used it ? Thanks, Gil
discoveryit
New Contributor

put Gateway detection on the system and set a Ping server.. if its always pinging the internet then it will always stay connected.
FCNSP
FCNSP
Not applicable

" put Gateway detection on the system and set a Ping server.. if its always pinging the internet then it will always stay connected." I want to achieve the exact apposite situation :) I need the dialer on the fortigate to close the line when there is no activity .... Any idea how to do it ?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors