Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kevin_hong
New Contributor

PLEASE DELETE

PLEASE DELETE

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What and why do you think you need to test a 61E? What are the goals of  the testing ? What are expecting ?

FWIW:  I never heard of anybody bothering to benchtest  any SOHO FW.model with a fortitest or anything else. I would investigate if NSSLab has any results or testing guidelines and start from that point

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

I think the OP wants to make sure all the electrons flow in their right lanes. Seriously, a burn-in test for a desktop model is IMHO a bit out of proportion.

One could do it oneself in a lab, the only thing needed is one or more traffic generators, some config with policies, UTM configured, a reporting instance (FAZ)...and if all you need to see after 3 days is that the FGT still is processing data you wouldn't even need a FAZ. Cost of equipment ~50.000 $, cost of FGT ~ 500 $.

To avoid a DOA delivery it would suffice to power the FGT up, configure it for a couple of hours (slowly) and leave it on. If any crucial component, like the flash memory, the CPU or the plugable power supply had a flaw it would not survive this time span.

Maybe your customer would be more assured if the FGT was equipped with a service plan with defined SLAs. Any hardware will break eventually, and it would be good to have a plan if it does.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Kevin_hong

PLEASE DELETE

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors