Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cabhilai
New Contributor

Override issue

I have updated firmware to MR3 patch 1. In this version there is no option o create web filter override. i have tried to configure from CLI also. I am still not able to create overrides. Please help
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

I had the same issue.... From my understanding on the documentation, you create a web filtering profile for the overrides then you set up the CLI to associate the override profile to the policy profile, and you can base it on IP, user, or group. From there I was a little lost myself, I tried creating a URL list and adding it to the override profile, but that doesn' t seem to work either. I found a setting in the CLI to that says to enable overrides bassed on the current web filtering profile, but that doesn' t seem to do any thing either. The documentation is a little poor and doesn' t seem to fully explain how to set up this feature either. We upgraded to fix specific bugs... Captive Portal not redirecting you properly and Traffic Shaping wasn' t working and was starting to affect our WAN traffic to the remote offices since we couldn' t control the bandwidth on the fortigate. Those issues have been resolved but they made it confusing on how to set up overrides now. If the route is to put a ticket in, I can do that but I would think it should be something that could be figured out without help from fortinet.... If you make any progress please let me know. I will do the same. Thanks!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors