Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Override and user authentication

Hi We have a Fortigate 600B running v4.0,build0194,100121 (MR1 Patch 3). I am successfully authenticating users onto the web using their AD credentials but I cannot get the Override facility to work. Under the User Group the ' Allow to create Fortiguard Web Filtering overrides' is ticked and the correct Protection Profile enabled. The Protection profile also has the ' Enable FortiGuard Web Filtering Overrides' ticked and the appropriate blocked categories also have the Allow Override ticked. When selecting the override option it just sits there with an “Opening page https://ebay.co.uk:8010/ovrd?....” message and no error message in the logs. Any help much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
cmberry
New Contributor

You need to click " Continue to this website (not recommended). " , and then you will be prompted by the firewall to enter credentials. If you get past that page, and the credentials themselves dont seem to work, try doing this which has worked for me and at least one other user I helped here: UTM>Web Filter>Profile>Fortiguard Web Filtering Overrides> change Override Scope to " ASK" . Also, make sure the override group is in the " Selected" box under User Group. Hope this helps, peace.
Not applicable

Hi Thanks for the response. I think part of the problem is that I' m not getting the ' Continue to this website' message. I' m not getting to a point where I can enter any credentials. Regards
cmberry
New Contributor

This is what I see when I visit a category that is blocked, can you get this far? If you want to have the user enter a password each time they override, then I think you can fix your problem by changing the scope to ASK, as opposed to USER or USERGROUP. But if you cant even see the " override" link, then I am not sure what to say.
Not applicable

Yep I get the override link but then it hangs after selecting the override option with opening page https://ebay.co.uk:8010/ovrd?....” message and no error message in the logs.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

tony sweet, pls check the name of your web profile see to it there' s no spaces involve then try your luck once again

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Not applicable

I am currently researching this issue as well. The issue is the Fortigate is attempting to use the URL of the blocked domain. The certificate that you can assign within the Fortigate does not matter. You can assign a valid certificate and you will still receive the error. You can change the URL to the Fortigate hostname or IP address and the error will continue. To date the only way that I know to resolve the issue is to disable the HTTPS requirement and the error will go away. Not sure how far the request goes through the Fortigate and if there is any security issue with not having HTTPS enabled.
Not applicable

Forgot to post the CLI commands to disable HTTPS. config webfilter fortiguard set ovrd-auth-https disable end
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors