Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Prika
New Contributor II

Overall experience with Fortigate 80F

Hi community, 

I was trying to collect much as possible on 80Fs, but unfortunately I could not find much, (I used the data mostly of the reselling companies). We are replacing our 15 years old Junipers with FortiGate, and 95% we will go with 2x 80F. 

Some of my concerns were, does 80F support Link Aggregation, I found that the older models supported, so I have concluded that 80F supports also. Data Sheet is saying that supported HA is Active-Active, Active-Passive, Clustering, that is little bit confusing so I googled about FGCP and FGSP. I will not mention thing about List Price and stuff like that, but in my opinion there should be something like  recommended retail price listed somewhere ( I know that is not usual but it would be helpful) :)

I have also read that there is "Basic Functions" of the firewall (VPN, SD-WAN services, Application control and Forticare support) are those first 3 always included within device, (part of hardware price)?

I have seen here articel also that one of the guys had firewall restarting (temp. issue - bug) for few months and his problem was sovled by updating the OS, after several months.

What are your experiences with this Firewall and also with Fortinet support service? 

Thank you all in advance and am looking forward to starting this journey with Fortinet.

Cheers!
Cheers!
14 REPLIES 14
Debbie_FTNT

Addendum to the above - FortiToken licences ARE in fact shared (so you only need to purchase the hardware tokens/mobile token licence once for a cluster), if you are looking to delve into two-factor authentication.

Aside from that, Graham has given you excellent information :).

Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Prika
New Contributor II

Hi there dear members, 

so finally we are going to buy new devices. After considering "all" options we are going with 70f and only support contract (FortiCare 24x7, without any bundles), could you please advise is there chance to buy this support for a more than 1 year (3 and 5 as bundles), or is it only on yearly bases renewal.

Cheers!
Cheers!
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Prika,

For this commercial question, the best is to ask directly to your Fortinet commercial.

He or she will be able to provide you the best answer.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Prika
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I am doing that right now. 

Thanks

Cheers!
Cheers!
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

It is a real pleasure :)!

Never hesitate!

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors