Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
javier_
New Contributor

Outlook Android Fail sync

The outook android client fail to sync with the exchange. 

Since today, Outlook IP range is authorized but it does not work and it has been working without problems for a long time.

5 REPLIES 5
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to collect traffic sniffer (while reproducing the issue) in order to isolate the issue 

diagnose sniffer packet any 'host <IP address of Outlook>' 6 0 a

and debug flow:

diagnose debug flow filter daddr <IP address of Outlook>
diagnose debug flow show function-name enable
diagnose debug flow trace start 100
diagnose debug enable

Moreover, could you please specify what you are referring by "Outlook IP range is authorized"?

FortiGate
javier_
New Contributor

I have defined a Microsoft Outlook internet service where it lists all the IPs of the Microsoft service.

It is as if fortigate did not have the IP list updated properly. And now the outlook android app does not tell me which IP address Microsoft uses to log in.

hbac

Hi @javier_,

You can check Log & Report > Forward Traffic logs to see if the traffic is being dropped and what the destination IP is. 

Regards, 

abarushka

Hello,

You may consider to sniff traffic on FortiGate using phone IP address as source IP filter in order to find Microsoft IP address. 

FortiGate
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Javier

Is the issue with Android Outlook only?

If this is the case, why Outlook for PC is not impacted? Both should interact with Exchange in the same manner.

I think there are few things you should check:

• Version compatibility between your Android's Outlook and your Exchange
  • Certificate chain (Android is very strict with it)
AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors