Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tmoe
New Contributor

Outbound traffic block

How would you recommend blocking all outbound traffic from a single internal IP? The same IP has incoming services for FTP and another custom service already. I want this server to ONLY be able to communicate in or out over the 2 services I specify. Thanks in advance, Tmoe
FG200B - HA Cluster FWF60B (15) - Remote sites MPLS FWF80C (5) - Remote sites IPSEC FLG800 - FortiAnalyzer FMG400B - FortiManager FortiClient (250 seats) Remote users
FG200B - HA Cluster FWF60B (15) - Remote sites MPLS FWF80C (5) - Remote sites IPSEC FLG800 - FortiAnalyzer FMG400B - FortiManager FortiClient (250 seats) Remote users
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Install a fwpolicy as a specific entry before any allow ANY/ALL , with a deny any for that ip_address & outbound.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

BEFORE the deny, you need to install an allow (outward) for the protocols you require, THEN the deny all (others) from that single IP. Just the deny will... deny!

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
tmoe
New Contributor

Perfect! I used 3 policies. 1 to allow the specific services in to the server. 1 to allow the specific services out of the server. 1 to deny all traffic to the server. I put them in that order as well. Works like a champ! My LAN is port13 WAN is port14
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

noted Also nailing it behind a VIP would have gave you the same thing and no local fwpolicies for that src and only the inbound VIP fwpolicies

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors