Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
digimetrica
New Contributor

Out-of-Sync: Firmware Changed after firmware update (probably)

Hello,

I have a FGT-200 cluster managed by FortiManager.

I scheduled a firmware upgrade on the cluster and it went well. No error or whatsoever.

Firewalls and FMG are working good and I have noticed nothing odd until, this morning, I saw an Out-of-Sync: Firmware Changed in red in my FMG for this cluster.

I don't know if this message came from the firmware upgrade or it is a today only issue, since everything is working fine the customer didn't call us :)

I just want to know what to do or eventually check or I just want to know what is this supposed error

6 REPLIES 6
jpforcioli_FTNT

Hi,

Do you by chance have a screenshot showing this out of sync notification?

(what's your FMG version?)

Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI
digimetrica
New Contributor

The firmware is 5.2.10 and I have about 13 other clustered firewall managed and this one is the only giving me this error.

In attchment :)

digimetrica

Hello,

Any help about this?

Do I have to open a support case?

scao_FTNT

not sure if you did upgrade from FMG or directly on FGT?

if do upgrade from FMG, FMG will trigger an auto retrieve after upgrade succeeded, so can you help do a check for the upgrade history if FMG reported OK and also check revision history page, if there has a auto triggered retrieved revision? this warning is because FMG detected firmware change but did not see FMG side config updated (so a manual retrieve will fix this warning)

Thanks

Simon

digimetrica

Thank you Simon.

I did a manual retrieve and the issue was fixed.

laf
New Contributor II

digimetrica wrote:

Hello,

I have a FGT-200 cluster managed by FortiManager.

I scheduled a firmware upgrade on the cluster and it went well. No error or whatsoever.

Firewalls and FMG are working good and I have noticed nothing odd until, this morning, I saw an Out-of-Sync: Firmware Changed in red in my FMG for this cluster.

I don't know if this message came from the firmware upgrade or it is a today only issue, since everything is working fine the customer didn't call us :)

I just want to know what to do or eventually check or I just want to know what is this supposed error

Can you quickly share the steps you performed to update firmware from FortiManager?

Thanks!

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors