Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
damiri
New Contributor

Oracle 11g R2 session issue/drop with Fortigate

Hello,

have FG-200B running 5.0.7 in transparent mode without any scanning or anything else. Oracle database until Saturday was 11g R1 and with session-ttl tweaking:

config system session-ttl config port edit 0 set protocol 6 set timeout 28800 set end-port 1521 set start-port 1521 next end

system was working fine. After upgrade to 11g R2 without any changes to FG, we started to getting errors like:

ORA-03113, ORA-12571 and  NET: Network error (53)

I have researched a bit forum but wasn't able to find solution for this. Anybody with some aces in sleeves?

Damir

5 REPLIES 5
Silver
New Contributor

Hi,

Please delete the Port 1521 for oracle tns on session helper. your problem will be solved!

Thanks

damiri
New Contributor

Already tried to remove but then get even worse. So with this setup at least I got one app running. Any other suggestions?

nicolase

I used to have this problem. After a lot of changes made in the database and in the FortiGate, the problem was solved upgrading the FortiOS from 5.2.3 to 5.2.9

Alexis_G

I am facing the same issue on FGT-VMX (5.6.6)

I tried by increasing session-ttl (on firewall custom service, or on firewall policy or globaly), and sometime there was a connection but most of the times noGo !!

Then tried with deleting the tns session-helper, still noGo !!

I m working along with TAC,

Any ideas, any further feedback

Regards

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
afrank

Hi,

The same problem (ORA-03113) on FGT-100D/FGT60D (5.6.7)

Any progress with your ticket?

Regrds

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors