Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Faruq_Farkhan
New Contributor II

Opera Mini android cannot be block by fortigate

Dear all,
I had problem with my fortigate. If i access to blocked website with opera mini android its allowed, but when i access it from basic browser (chrome) its blocked. I had to add all of opera on application control with block state.

TASPEN.png

can you help me please.

thank you

10 REPLIES 10
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Can you check if you Opera mini uses a VPN?

AEK
AEK
Faruq_Farkhan
New Contributor II

Sorry for late respone,

i think yes the opera mini use VPN. In the security profile, I have added opera.vpn so this should be blocked. or maybe there is something I missed?

Regards,

AEK

If you Opera mini uses VPN I guess it will not be matched by Opera.Mini app signature.

Probably it will be matched by Opera.VPN, you can try.

Otherwise you can monitor your traffic from that host and see which application signature is matched for that.

AEK
AEK
Faruq_Farkhan
New Contributor II

Hi,

its actually match with HTTPS.BROWSER.

Regards. 

AEK

Hello

I think it means it didn't recognise it properly.

Are your app signatures up to date?

AEK
AEK
Faruq_Farkhan
New Contributor II

Yes its updated, Can you please try testing at your place when using a local network then browsing using Opera Mini and opening an 18+ site to see if it will be blocked or not?

Thanks

AEK

Hello Faruq

If it uses VPN and is detected as HTTPS.BROWSER then it is not useful to investigate web filtering, since all is hidden in VPN tunnel. So I think the question to ask first is why FGT doesn't detect the right app.

AEK
AEK
marcoperson_250
New Contributor II

You should check out the policies that align with your blocking requirements.

Faruq_Farkhan

In my opinion, the policy I have created is appropriate, I assigned all app signatures related to Opera Mini to be blocked. Can you please try testing at your place when using a local network then browsing using Opera Mini and opening an 18+ site to see if it will be blocked or not?

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors