Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tleilax
New Contributor

One Way network with forticlient

Hello all !

With Fortigate 101F (Version 6.2.2), I have set up an IPsec tunnel for client workstations to connect using FORTICLIENT VPN (Version 7.0.8). I have also created firewall rules to allow these clients to access the resources of the company network and have internet access.

The connection seems to be working fine, and the clients can connect to local servers. However, if a workstation from the local network tries to contact a remote workstation (ping, VNC, etc.), it doesn't work.

Additionally, it often happens that remote clients cannot access the internet (although it's not consistent).

Something seems to be missing, but I can't figure out what it is. Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
lbjust
New Contributor II

You probably need to create a policy from LAN to SSLVPN to enable the local workstations to reach the remove workstations.

Regarding the Internet access for the remote clients I would check if it is not a DNS issue during the incident.

tleilax
New Contributor

hi Ibjust,

Thank you for your response.
Indeed, I have set up a rule to allow traffic between the LAN interface and the VPNIPSEC interface, but it doesn't seem to be working, as I see that the traffic volume for this rule remains at 0.
As for the internet access issue that doesn't always work, even a ping to an IP address (such as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8) does not succeed.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors