Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aman_cisco
New Contributor

Object last modified ?

Hi We have deployed two 1000 series fortigate boxes in our remote sites , we are facing one major chalange in regard to taking the information of the " objects last modified date " . --> we can check the dependencies of the object but not able to check the object modification creation information. Same is possible in checkpoint where in you can easily get this information easily . I don' t want to search and filter n number of admin event logs each and every time from forti analyzer. please help me in this regard Many thanks in advance !!!!
Aman Vijay FCNPS/CCSP/CCSA Senior Security Admin
4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I don' t think this is possible on a Fortigate. What does it take to filter and check the logs? How often do you need this information? I guess you need it for accounting, right?
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
aman_cisco
New Contributor

Thanks ede for information , For your information we are taking care of more the 100 clients with all falvours of firewalls ASA' s/CP/Forigate/Juniper with their respective log devices , All our reporting section is automated on weekly basis , we are not taking any manual reports for audit , As i said in my last thread this basic feature is available in CP As we (Fortinet) are claiming and of course !!!! WE are best in security appliance BUT we are not capable enough of providing such basic need , I think this is under research process .......
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

BTW have you used/tested Q1labs report generator? This would not fill the gap that Fortinet (not Forigate) does not provide for this information but it might be helpful for your business.
aman_cisco
New Contributor

This is not a solution , BTW Thanks
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors