Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jm-barreto
New Contributor III

OSPF with vxlan over IPSec

Hi

I have 2 remote site router connected using vxlan over ipsec. I can ping, telnet and ssh between the routers. I want to do an ospf adjacency between them but even though they ping, the neighborship won't come up. When I debug ospf I see that ospf is sending hello packets on both routers but they don't receive any. I'm allowing all between the vxlan and vlan in the firewall policy. It's as if multicast traffic is being block. 

And I want to know if is possible to get an adjacency between the routers using vxlan over ospf. 

JBC
JBC
2 Solutions
aguerriero
Contributor II

Create a multicast policy and allow the ospf address 224.0.0.5/224.0.0.6 depending on your network type.

Also link local multicast like an ospf hello has a TTL of 1. You may also need to set the fortigate to not decrement the TTL.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/968606/multicast-processing-and-basic-mu...

View solution in original post

jm-barreto

Hi @aguerriero 

Thanks for the info. That what I was missing. I created the policy and its working. 

JBC

View solution in original post

JBC
10 REPLIES 10
jm-barreto
New Contributor III

Thank everyone for your help.

JBC
JBC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors