Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
halfa
New Contributor

OID values for Fortigate devices

I' m currently investigating ZENOSS to monitor a number of Fortigate devices and at the moment, I am unable to retrieve the Fortigate Model via SNMP. I get the OID but not the matching description. I can manually add the description against the OID but rather than do this for each and every device, is there a list of what OID' s are used for each particular model of Fortigate? I am currently monitoring anything from a Fortigate 50a to a 110c Many thanks for any assistance.
3 REPLIES 3
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

There are mibs in the download folder, where you can get the new firmwares. But i am not sure whether you can retrieve the model number..
red_adair
New Contributor III

$ snmpwalk -v 2c -c public <ip-of-fortigate> -> SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.47.1.1.1.1.10.1 = STRING: " FortiWiFi-60B v4.00.2,build0291b291,100824" -> SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.47.1.1.1.1.11.1 = STRING: " FWF60B1234567890" Before all that you have to: #1 enble SNMO on the queried interface (eg internal1) #2 enable SNMP and create a read communite (eg public) -R.
Not applicable

There is also a Fortinet Zenpack available for download. Along with overview of traffic on each interface, cpu, memory and sessions measurements.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors