Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kps-Encrypt
New Contributor

Not able to register FortiGate 7.2.2 evaluation with Forti care

Downloaded Forigate 7.2.2 for my virtual lab and for life of me could not get the evaluation version register. First it was giving me DNS resolve error. I resolved that error now I am, getting " Curl Forticare failed,7 time out." on Gui I am getting error " error communicating with forticare ". I am using WMware workstation 16 Pro.

16 REPLIES 16
TobiEmmanuel

I also need assistance in this, I keep getting dns resolve error.

kcheng

Hi @TobiEmmanuel 

Please upload the debug output that you observed in the CLI. On the other hand, please ensure that you are able to resolve the following domain by running the following command in FortiGate:

exec ping update.fortiguard.net

exec ping service.fortiguard.net

exec ping forticare.fortinet.com

If the DNS is not able to resolve to these domains, it would not be possible for FortiGate to communicate with FortiGuard servers. If the current DNS is not working, you can try to change to another DNS to see if that works.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Pritam1

Please help me on this issue. I am having the same issue.

the_rock
New Contributor III

Can you tell us how you solved it? I have exact same problem...in 7.4.0

AB
AB
Lakka
New Contributor

Hey

Did you resolve your issue? I had the same problem and I figured out what my issue was.

Muthusms

Hi , How its reloved , did made any changes on VM

Christian_89
Contributor III

If you are encountering issues with registering your FortiGate 7.2.2 evaluation version with FortiCare, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Network Connectivity: Ensure that your virtual lab environment has proper network connectivity. Check that your virtual machine (VM) running FortiGate can access the internet and reach the FortiCare registration servers. Verify that DNS settings are correctly configured in the VM's network configuration.

2. Firewall Settings: If you have a firewall or security software running on your VM or host machine, make sure it is not blocking the connection to the FortiCare registration servers. Temporarily disable any firewall or security software and attempt the registration process again.

3. Proxy Settings: If your network uses a proxy server for internet connectivity, ensure that the proxy settings are correctly configured in your FortiGate VM. Check the network settings in the FortiGate GUI and ensure that the proxy settings match your network environment.

4. Time and Date: Verify that the time and date settings on your FortiGate VM are accurate. Incorrect time and date settings can sometimes cause communication issues with registration servers. Set the correct time and date on the FortiGate VM and attempt registration again.

5. Virtualization Software: Ensure that your VMware Workstation 16 Pro is properly configured. Check the network settings in VMware Workstation and verify that the VM's network adapter is correctly configured and bridged to the host machine's network adapter.

6. FortiGate Firmware Version: Double-check that you have downloaded the correct version of the FortiGate firmware for your virtual lab environment. Ensure that you have obtained the appropriate evaluation version from the official Fortinet website.

7. FortiCare Support: If the issue persists, it is recommended to reach out to Fortinet support for further assistance. Provide them with detailed information about the error messages you encountered during the registration process. They will be able to provide specific guidance and troubleshoot the issue with you.

By following these troubleshooting steps and contacting Fortinet support if necessary, you should be able to resolve the registration issue and successfully register your FortiGate 7.2.2 evaluation version with FortiCare.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors