Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tmcgrue
New Contributor

Not able to ping Firewall

I have a FortiGate setup with a static IP on a Port2 (10.1.10.1/24) with ping enabled.  I connected my windows pc to that same port and put it in the same subnet (10.1.10.2/24).  I'm not able to ping from the pc or from the FW.  I disabled the windows FW and still not able to ping.  There is no antivirus on the pc either.  Any advise???  This is too simple to have this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Via the routing monitor, check to see there is a valid route to 10.1.10.x (there should be) going to port2.   Check to see the proper subnet mask is set/assigned. 

On the CLI perform a get system arp and see if the PC's IP shows up.  I am assuming you are trying to ping devices in the same subnet (interface), which looks to be only one port. 

If the pc is getting IP via DHCP, make sure the info handled out is correct, including subnet mask and GW.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
poundy

is your PC plugged into the right port on the FGT? Are there other devices you can add to that LAN segment on PORT2 and confirm pinging between them helps?

I agree, this is pretty simple. The simplest thing is to confirm that you have the FGT interface set with PING enabled. If you don't have that, nothing will work. Then, a quick diag debug flow will show you what might (or might not) be being hit.

Yurisk

As others and you already said it is too simple to be a failure type issue. In other words, something is wrong with the setup itself - disabled interface, wrong port for cable connection, wrong type of the interface set, wrong/faulty cable.

Yuri https://yurisk.info/  blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Yuri https://yurisk.info/ blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors