Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jic
New Contributor

Normalized interface - Disabling Admin protocols(PING, etc)

Hello,

I want to disable PING on a Normalized interface (Public facing) on FortiManager v7.2 and I get the below message:

Normalized interface "WAN" is already used by interface "WAN". Are you sure you want to save the current mapping, which will remove the previous one?

I didn't proceed, what should i do?

Note, Interface is UP and in use

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Hm in my FMG I do not see any options to disable protocols on a normalized interface. Wondering how you do that. This is device config and must be set in device manager.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
jic
New Contributor

thanks

funkylicious
Contributor III

You can disable PING under the interface settings.

geek
geek
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I would use a system template per FGT model. If you have to mange many different models, yes, you have to create many different templates since it's referring the physical interface name. But likelihood is you need to manage some other device config as well with those templates if you have many different models to manage. And those are different per model and need to have different templates.

Toshi

sw2090
Honored Contributor

same here but still administrative services are device config and cannot be configured on a normalized interface. Normalized interfaces are just a reference to be used in a policy that tells FMG what interface to use when the policy is deployed to a Fortigate...

Interfaceconfig (ip, adminservices etc) has to be done in Device Manager per FGT or - if that is possible - maybe via provisioning template.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors