Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maevea
New Contributor

No updates found. You already have the latest version of FortiClient Installed (but is not

Trying to load Forticlient on a new laptop and the download install ends with:

No updates found. You already have the latest version of FortiClient Installed.

I cannot find any installation of this product on the new system.  It's not in Start>Programs, it's not in the Uninstall area of the Control Panel, it's nowhere in my C: drive.

What can I do to trigger the correct install?

Windows 7 enterprise, SP1

1 Solution
bikash_Shaw
New Contributor III

Hi,

Please delete it from registry and install with admin credential by disabling the anti-virus.

Regards

Bikash

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kolawale_FTNT

I hope you have resolved this already.

The FortiClient light installer needs to download the full installer over the internet. Please see if you were able to ping myforticlient.fortinet.net. If you could, but installation still does not proceed, consider downloading the full installer from the Fortinet Support site: [link]http://support.fortinet.com[/link] (requires a free user account).

maevea

kolawale_FTNT wrote:

I hope you have resolved this already.

The FortiClient light installer needs to download the full installer over the internet. Please see if you were able to ping myforticlient.fortinet.net. If you could, but installation still does not proceed, consider downloading the full installer from the Fortinet Support site: http://support.fortinet.com (requires a free user account).

Thank you - no resolution yet.  I did try to ping the address you provided and got no response, so I set up the free account to get to the download, but can't yet locate the download link for the full installer.  Any advice? 

bikash_Shaw
New Contributor III

Hi,

Please delete it from registry and install with admin credential by disabling the anti-virus.

Regards

Bikash

maevea

bikash Shaw wrote:

Hi,

Regards

Bikash

Thank you, it's not showing up in my registry at all.  I have admin rights on the system.  I'll try the next

kolawale_FTNT

On the Support site:

- click the Download menu item

- select FortiClient from the drop-down product list

- select Download from the submenu under the product list

- select your operating system - Windows in this case

- follow the directory structure to find the latest FortiClient version

Please see the attached screenshot of the Support web site.

Are you able to determine why you cannot reach myforticlient.fortinet.net? FortiClient (after a successful installation) will use the same URL for regular daily AV engine and signature updates.

maevea

Ah, and this is where I hit a wall.  The site doesn't show me those options because - as it says -

"Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract."

I haven't determined yet why I can't load it in this environment.  I plan to try to load it from outside tonight to see if that makes a difference.  If so, I will need to work with our network team to ensure I can get updates.  If not... I'll probably still need to work with them

I use this as a means to access a DB hosted at a vendor's site.  My company hasn't set up any contract with Fortinet because this is so auxiliary to them - there are only even a couple of us that need to use it.  I was able to load it a year ago on my old system here, so I can't tell if they made a network level change since then, or if it's specific to the new system.  My coworker has no issue with her current version.

Thanks for your help.  I'll let you know what I find out

-Maeve

maevea

kolawale_FTNT wrote:

Are you able to determine why you cannot reach myforticlient.fortinet.net? FortiClient (after a successful installation) will use the same URL for regular daily AV engine and signature updates.

I was able to find out.  The installer is not using the proxy to download the client and instead, it is trying directly through the firewall.  Both of my browsers are set to use the proxy, so I'm not sure where the installer is looking for guidance on how to reach the internet from my system, but that's what is causing it to fail in my environment here.  The proxy server would have allowed it.  The firewall - directly accessed in this way - will not.

Do you think they might be able to update that in future releases?  It may eliminate issues like mine.  It's a whole "process" to request direct access to your address via our firewall so it would be much simpler if the installer used the browser's settings for the proxy.

Thank you!

kolawale_FTNT

Good find. Have not encountered such situation before.

For the light installer downloaded from www.forticlient.com  , I doubt if there is anything that could be done to handle the proxy settings. The full installer will not have this issue.

After FortiClient is installed though, it allows the user to specify proxy settings. See page 13 of the FortiClient XML Reference:

http://docs.fortinet.com/...forticlient-xml-52.pdf

Shawn_W

Thank you for the info. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors